This is my first week of meal prep for the paleo autoimmune protocol AIP. I like to prep large batches of food for the week ahead and eat the same meal every day for that week, that way I only have to cook once a week and I am less tempted to eat out or break the rules.
I will post the recipes in the future once I perfect them but for now will just link to them or give the reference
Ground Turkey cabbage wraps and mashed Cauliflower -(Hubby is in charge of making this recipe)
Bacon Brussels Sprouts – The Essential AIP Cookbook
Paleo Naan-The Essential AIP Cookbook (for the carb cravings!)
Be careful when making the Homemade Coconut yogurt to get coconut milk that does not have additives like guar gum (which is derived from a legume and is thought to increase intestinal permeability)
Since I had to make so much bacon for different recipes, I decided to try baking the bacon in the oven instead of pan frying, it worked quite well and was much easier.
Notes on food reactions
- I already started feeling a bit sick to my stomach after eating the Mango Salsa (which has avocado). The salsa was so delicious that I decided to eat some on its own. I have gotten stomach aches after eating avocado in the past so I may have to exercise caution with this ingredient. However, I did also eat a lot of bacon too though so it could have been a reaction to too much fat.
- I mistakenly made the coconut yogurt with a coconut milk that contains guar gum…woops, I will be more careful next time.
- Feeling very hungry for carbs…drank some orange juice to help with the carb craving. Might need to add in more sources of carbs. Maybe some fruit in the morning or with lunch.
- Here is a link to a good article about getting enough carbs on AIP
1/4/17 and 1/5/17
- Slept really well, I actually slept through the whole night which is unusual for me because I am a huge insomniac and usually wake up around 3AM and can’t fall back to sleep…is this the first sign that AIP is actually working?