This will be me and my husbands first Thanksgiving together as husband and wife and unfortunately due to our busy lab schedules we can’t drive up to his families house (unless we want to drive 4 hrs roundtrip on Thanksgiving day and be back in time after dinner to go to lab) We decided we would rather have a relaxing day together and not go out in the crazy holiday traffic. I am really looking forward to spending some quality time with my husband and our new dog Moose!
We are still going to make a nice meal for ourselves and we are going to make large portions so we can have leftovers for days. Below is what is on the menu for us this Thanksgiving. All of the linked recipes are recipes I make every year and are top notch, delicious recipes that I whole heartedly recommend trying!
- 1 Small whole Turkey- I love Alton Brown’s recipe because it gives for a perfectly moist turkey with perfectly browned skin! But I may try to convince my husband to do a smoked turkey this year for something different.
- Paula Deen’s Fancy Green Beans – This is my favorite green bean recipe that I make every Thanksgiving
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes – I make mine with Yukon gold potatoes instead of russett because I think it gives a nicer texture and color. Also, I use way more butter than I would ever admit to, and definitely more than what the recipe calls for!
- Gluten Free Gravy
- Cranberry sauce -I make this with juice from a fresh squeezed orange and/or mandarin instead of bottled orange juice, you can also add some orange zest and reduce the amount of sugar to 1/2 cup or 2/3 cups depending on personal preference.
- Razzleberry Pie with gluten free crust
- Brie Cheese and gluten Free Crackers for snacking/appetizer
- Veggies and Dip for snacking
- And of course, lots of Red wine!