Gravy is super easy to make from scratch and makes mashed potatoes and turkey taste so much better! Gluten free flour as a thickener works great, and no one will even notice the difference! If you are cooking for a lot of people, consider doubling this recipe.
- 3 cups Turkey or Chicken Stock
- 2.5 tbsp cup unsalted butter
- 2.5 tbsp King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour or gluten free pancake mix
- 1 cup turkey drippings
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make a roux by melting butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk until roux is golden brown (appx. 2 minutes)
- Remove roux from heat and set aside in a separate bowl to cool until needed
- Bring stock to boil in a saucepan over medium heat
- Add turkey drippings to stock
- Or if you are short on drippings you can skim fat from the turkey pan, add 1-2 cups of water and strain that liquid into the stock
- Season with Salt and pepper
- Whisk in roux
- Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until gravy reaches desired thickness.
Recipe adapted from: bonappetit